No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 Server Back Up & SBS 2003 Backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Server Back Up & SBS 2003 Backup

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the SBS2003 backup setup (i.e. the wizard and the log screen) working on Server 2003?

We have 2 servers, 1 SBS and one Server 2003 and it is nice any easy checking the backup on SBS because of the big green ticks when successful. On Server 2003 you have go into the Backup utility and then into the logs then open the individual log.

If anyone knows of how to do this or any other way of achieving the same thing I would be very grateful!!

Re: Windows 2003 Server Back Up & SBS 2003 Backup

Simple answer - no, the SBS wizards are not available in non-SBS systems. Why is it bad that you have to get into the habit of understanding log files?

You don't have to go through the backup utility to access the logs. Either access the directory where the logs are stored using Explorer (or share that directory to access them from a workstation), or setup a script to copy them to a directory on your data partition and access them from there (again, either locally or via a fileshare).
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.