my company site is not getting acessed in dhcp network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my company site is not getting acessed in dhcp network

I m not able to acess our company website in our dhcp networkIt gives error "Site Under Construction".I m not able to find it out its a DNS Problem or what else.

if i acess site from machine not connected to my network it works and also if i ping site in CMD give reply from Site IP Address but if acess from DHCP network it give page under construction and if pinged give reply from DNS Address mand DNS server Address not website address

Kindly help what shall i do and tell me procedure to resolve it

Re: my company site is not getting acessed in dhcp network

without giving away company names, can you tell us what web addresses you are using?

"Site under construction" suggests you are hitting an IIS server inside your network rather than the official web site (presumably hosted outside your network)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I m not able to acess our company website in our dhcp networkIt gives error "Site Under Construction".
      When was the last time you were able to access it? Have you got an IIS metabase backup?

I m not able to find it out its a DNS Problem or what else.
      Can you access it via ip instead so as to rule out dns? Connect to it from the server the web site is hosted on to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by mobius2011 View Post
        When was the last time you were able to access it? Have you got an IIS metabase backup?

Can you access it via ip instead so as to rule out dns? Connect to it from the server the web site is hosted on to test it.
        I was able to acess it 2weeks back but we are not hosting site.As per your sujjetion i check with ip address its working

Comment

As per your sujjetion i check with ip address its working
          Ok, so its a dns resolution issue. Im not sure on the setup of your network, but some things to try first if you can access the site via ip but not dns name is.

1) Flush dns cache on local pc, plus dns cache on the dns server in dns management.
          2) Maybe a reboot.
          3) If its an intranet, check your dns server for what host name you have against that ip, or if there isnt one create one.
          4) Try creating a simple host record in your host file on the local pc, if it resolves ok, the problem is further down the track, i.e dns server, isp.
          5) If its a public website check the A record on your Name server or if there is one.

Comment

Working...
          X