Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I restrict devices like USB Flash Drives (and similar) with Domain Policy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I restrict devices like USB Flash Drives (and similar) with Domain Policy?

Hello ALL!

I have Domain Controller (Windows 2000)
    Can I restrict users to use devices like USB Flash Drives (and similar) with Domain Policy on Windows 2000 Server with SP4

Thanks in Advance!
    Best Regards!

Ivo Vachkov

Re: Can I restrict devices like USB Flash Drives (and similar) with Domain Policy?

Hi Ivo

Have a look at this Link: http://www.petri.com/disable_usb_disks_with_gpo.htm

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Can I restrict devices like USB Flash Drives (and similar) with Domain Policy?

Hello,

L4ndy, thanks for your quick answer...
      I carefully read instruction... I made all as in instruction.., but may be I miss something...

I try this in VMWare virtual machine. I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server and one Windows XP Professional (SP3)... Windows 2000 is Domain Controller and Windows XP is a member of the Domain...

I made OU in Active Directory with two users in it... and I aply the policy from adm file (as in instruction)... to this Organisation Unit...

But I still have USB Drives in XP Professional computer...

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards to all!

Ivo

Comment

Can you make sure you create the GPO for a Computer object instead of a User one.
        And also Import the ADM in the Computer Configuration section and apply from there.

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks, L4ndy!!!

All is working perfect!
          The answer was to restart Windows XP to aply the policy! (I was trying with gpupdate.., but it wasn't work on computer policy like I see...)

Thank you very much for your help!
          Best regards!

Ivo

Comment

Working...
          X