ADPrep /forest /domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADPrep /forest /domain

Greetings. If you all have been following me around with my toyng of doing an upgrade of my Windows 2000 Advanced Server domain to WIndows 2003 R2 Standard, I am happy to report that I am not going through with it.

Here is my question though...I did run the adprep commands (both) from the Win2k3 CD....now I am not going to add any 2k3 servers. Is this a big issue? Of am I just already to start adding them in on down the line whenever I get new hardware?

Thanks!

Re: ADPrep /forest /domain

It's not an issue at all. Your Windows 2000 domain will still have all the schema attributes, objects and methods it needs to work; the Schema Update ADDS things, but takes nothing away (taking things away from the schema is not possible).

If you've done the domain prep and forest prep from DISK 2 of the W2k3 R2 disk set, then you're good to go whenever you feel like it.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

That is great news.

Thanks!

Comment

You can add a Windows 2003 or 2008 server to a domain without needing to update the schema. It's only required if your looking to promote a server with a newer OS to a Domain Controller role.
        Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Working...
        X