Windows 2003 DC Personal Certificate Store Cert Expiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 DC Personal Certificate Store Cert Expiring

Currently I have a 2003 DC which provides LDAPS authentication for our web application servers.

I knew the Server Authentication certificate which I had created was expiring on Sept25/08 so I created a new one a few weeks ago and imported to the personal certificate store on the DC so that when the old one expired then new one would take over.

I also implemented the GPO to enable the Automatic Certificate Request Settings for Domain Controllers and rebooted the server. This was a done a few weeks ago.

On Sept 25th when the old certificate had expired ldaps connections were refused even though there was a new certificate.

I had to reboot the server for the ldaps authentication to work again with the new certificate.

Have I missed something to prevent this when the certificate expires? Should I have deleted the old certificate a few weeks ago when the put the new cert in?

Re: Windows 2003 DC Personal Certificate Store Cert Expiring

YEs, you should always delete the old certificate as windows sometimes still latches on the old certificate even if there is a new certificate available.

Comment

Re: Windows 2003 DC Personal Certificate Store Cert Expiring

Thanks, makes sense to me. I'll remember that for the next time.

Comment

Working...
      X