Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Domain Name Change (Was:Solution)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Domain Name Change (Was:Solution)

Hi everybody,
    I have done my masters recently and my task as interne is to create a setup new.
    Our main office working with this domain "oil-global.com" in london. But our office in middle east and setup working as "oil_prem.com.ed". Now main office want we should also move on to "oil-global.com from oil_prem.com.ed". please help me you expert guys what should i take basic step. Should i setup new domain server installation or install the server2003 as a backup domain controller. M confuse where should i start to move on that.

Re: Solution

You want all internet domains pointing to one webserver? Can I ask, what was your masters in since the questions your asking are somewhat very basic?
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

thank you very much give time to my msg master server domain i seperate before that but now want to join the head office. should we create another domain like previous one domain controller or create as a backup domain controller to join and connect the main headoffice
      Last edited by chnoman5678; 23rd September 2008, 08:02.

Comment

It is a little hard to understand exactly what you want to do.

Are you looking to copy all of the objects within your "oil_prem.com.ed" domain into your "oil-global.com" domain and then get rid of it?
        or maybe
        create a trust between the two domains so you can share data etc?

A bit more info would be helpful please.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

yes Andyjg247 we want to rid of "oil_prem.com.ed" and want to move on "oil-global.com".
          what should i do? we are working with that name now want to rid of that and our other sites offices also moving on that "oil-global.com" from different domain. how can i do that. what changes require to join it.
          I think just need exchange server, print server data server. am i right or worng.
          Active directory is needed for locally or it will be on main office.
          thx I will affectionate you and apologize these kid question, may be you are irritating but ?? m not proffessional like you are
          Last edited by chnoman5678; 23rd September 2008, 09:31.

Comment

No problem with asking questions here
            If you want to keep users, machines etc then you need to look into ADMT.
            Exchange depends on what is in the target domain, you may end up having to export/import or move mailboxes.

I think to be fair you would be best to get a consultant in though as this is a major project.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

thx for suggestion can you told me the link of microsoft article

Comment

Originally posted by chnoman5678 View Post
                thx for suggestion can you told me the link of microsoft article
                Just click on the word ADMT (in blue) in the post above
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X