Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window 2003 DNS Problem

Hi Guys,
    I am new here and I want extend my greeting to the entire community. I have just set up a window server 2003 AD installation whcih is also running DNS service.

The name of the Domain use is test.lov.br and their is a website hosted with this identical name for the institution. The compters on the domain can get to any website except the test.lov.br.

Computers that are not on the domain can access the site with no problem. when I do an nslookup for test.lov.br from computers on the domain, I only get the name of the AD computer which is alo running DNS service an it's local IP address but can't get the websit IP address.

How can I slove this probem inorder to have computers on the domain test.lov.br reach the website test.lov.br which is not being hosted locally?

Your help well be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

teck1

Re: Window 2003 DNS Problem

Can users on the domain connect to the website via Ip address?

If you do an nslookup on a pc not on the domain, it resolves the website? I gather this is an intranet & does have a public dns A record?

What are the pc's using for dns resolution that are not members of the domain?

Comment

add an A reocrd for www, and put the ip address of the webserver there

have the local users connect to the website using http://www.test.lov.br
      Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

The pc are using the ISP dns IP address which is being sent out by the DHCP server also.

If I do an ns lookup from PC not on the domain, it resolve other like yahoo but not test.lov.br and yes the intranet does have a public dns A record

Teck1

Comment

Sorry, the intranet does not have a public dns record..

teckq

Comment

Am I right in saying the website is hosted internally? What port is it using?

Comment

Hi Guys,
              I just want to say a big thank you for all the suggestions given to resolve my problem.

The DNS issue is now working perfect and I did what Dyasny said "add an A reocrd for www, and put the ip address of the webserver there" I then did an nslookup and ping www.test.gov.br and it resolved without any problem.

Thanks to you all and I hope to help others in the same way.

Cheers!

teck1

Comment

Originally posted by teck1 View Post
                The pc are using the ISP dns IP address which is being sent out by the DHCP server also.

If I do an ns lookup from PC not on the domain, it resolve other like yahoo but not test.lov.br and yes the intranet does have a public dns A record

Teck1
                Wait wait wait,

You are in a Domain environment and you are not using the internal DNS server which is required voor AD?
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                X