Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User keeps getting locked out.

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
    I would re-enable the computer account, manually reset the password, then wait for it to happen again and immediately examine the event logs both on the DC's and on the workstation.

Jas

I too have the same problem with a particular user. I have tried resetting the password but no avail. I have not look into the event logs but I will next time, if anyone else has any ideas why this happening all be greatly appreciative.

Re: Computer account disabled

Problem still occuring please help!! I tried what Mudd suggested. I took the PC off the domain and put it into a work group with a different computer name and restarted the PC. Then I put it back into a domain with a different computer name and the user still gets locked up 5 or 6 times a week. Please if anyone has any suggestions I will really be appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by redearl View Post
      go to http://www.microsoft.com and get the lockoutstatus & eventcomb tools.
      Thanks redearl Tomorrow I will test out the lockstatus to see if that would help.

Blood,

Yes, the PC is synchronize with the domain. I went to the command prompt on the PC and typed W32tm /Domain and it shows the correct time.
      I remember a while back that the DST changed and in order to update our Microsoft Server 2000 we would need to purchase a patch for this. Of course we did not purchase the patch so we used a third party software. Look at the link below and tell me if I did this correctly. Is there another command prompt I should do to show me exactly what time our servers are running?

http://help.lockergnome.com/windows2...ict483586.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
        Shazam, you are hijacking the thread
        No Thread Hijacking!!

You also are confusing everyone since the thread's title and the OP's question is about "Computer account disabled", and your question is about "One User keeps getting locked out".

\Rems
        I apologize I interpreted differently then. I thought that mudd question is the same along lines than my question. The user is not inputting the wrong password. He would enter the password once and it gets locked up, So I would have to go into the active directory and uncheck the account disabe. Once again sorry for the hijacking the thread. I'll create a different thread.

Comment

Re: User keeps getting locked out.

Other posts relating to this split thread are here. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?p=122526
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Shazam, have you read this similar thread
            - Having Sporatic Logon Problems with 2 Users

\Rems

btw, what is the client OS and SP level?
            Is it a portable computer?
            Last edited by Rems; 16th September 2008, 09:51.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Hi Rems,

Yes, thank you for the link. As soon as the user come back from his buissness trip I'll try the ALockout.DLL. I'm very excited to see if this will work. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
                Hi Rems,

Yes, thank you for the link. As soon as the user come back from his buissness trip I'll try the ALockout.DLL. I'm very excited to see if this will work. Thank you so much!
                *wry look*

I wouldn't get TOO excited. The information you get is muddled and difficult to interpret. Microsoft REALLY haven't got this security thing down pat yet, IMHO.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
                X