Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSMO Roles moved GP issue

Hello all

i recently changed our FSMO roles from our primary DC to another DC on our domain. This was done succesfully if i now use the gui to query who holds the roles it confirms the new server does

i also added a global catalogue to the new server, i left it like this (with 2 gc's in the domain) for 24hrs, then i unselected the gc on the original dc and restarted the original dc to test if users coudl still log on etc

now users are still able to log on but group policy seems to have gone funny

we have a seperate OU for terminal users and a seperate one for pc users, pc users are fine but the terminal users policy doesnt seem to be getting replicated. Users have lost some abilities that i know are enabled through gp (like opening their My Docs!!)

sorry its server 2000
    Last edited by mudcow007; 12th September 2008, 09:56.

Re: FSMO Roles moved GP issue

Have you rebooted the newly created GC/FSMO server? If not please reboot that server. Also are you editing the GPO's through GPMC.msc? If not please do, you can do it from a workstation as well. Have you tried forcing the gpupdate on a machine to see what it is doing? Also in the GPMC you got Group Policy results on the left side and add a computer to see what GPO'S are getting there.
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

It's odd, Microsoft state you should reboot a server after giving it the GC role. Never knew about that myself.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[ View Post
        It's odd, Microsoft state you should reboot a server after giving it the GC role. Never knew about that myself.
        Yeah I had that problem a long time ago, the exchange was acting funny and found out that I needed to reboot the newly created GC.
        What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

Working...
        X