WSUS Deploy IE7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUS Deploy IE7

i have a WSUS server that all my clients connect to in order to get updated. i am attempting to deploy IE7 to all computer. i followed the instructions from microsoft in order to add IE7 to the list of updates. Howerver it only show 30% installed. all the other ones show downloaded as there status. i have had the ie7 update sitting my my availbile updates list for some time, and have to click it and go though a few prompts to get it to install from wsus. i dont want our users to have to do this as most of them can't even see the availible updates icon since they are non administrators. is they any way to have this happen fully automatically like every other update?
    MCSE 2000\2003, A+
    00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Re: WSUS Deploy IE7

I had a couple of problems with this when it was released. I approved the update, clicked the Accept button on the EULA and then watched while several PC's refused to install it.

After leaving them for a week they eventually installed I.E.7 but I really don't know why they had the problem in the first place.

Have you ensured that the PC's have been rebooted before the install is due to occur, and are the users logged-off. Also, when the install is due are the PC's in sleep mode? If so, make sure the GPO (the last setting in the WinUpdates section), is set to wake them so that the install takes place.

Good luck!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

the thing is its not that its failing on the install its that it not even trying to install, it just sits in the avalible updates forever and never waiting for someone to click it and accept the eula.
      MCSE 2000\2003, A+
      00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what happened on my network. There were some machines on which it did not install. There was no failure, it just did not install. That's why I said I did not know what the problem was. I guess I was lucky - eventually, they installed.

Perhaps you could try logging on as the local administrator and running Windows Update. I have done that for some 'stubborn' updates.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X