No announcement yet.

administrator assistant - Urgent help is required

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrator assistant - Urgent help is required

I have assistant who help me with day to day activities of joining users and computer to the domain.

I have given power user access right along with backup and other access rights, except membership to administrative group.

which delegation access should I allow to make them as powerful to be able to do these tasks but not as complete administrator?

Make him/her account operator, like in the NT4 days. If that is too much power, use the Delegation of Control wizard on the appropriate OU's

administrator assistant - Urgent help is requi

I need more details on this, I made her account operator but its not enough since she joins computers and do installation on computers.

how to deligate this power.

This is pretty straight forward. Open AD U&C right-click the OU and select delegate control. Follow the wizard assigning rights as necessary.

Proven e-Commerce Solutions
        340 N. 12th St.
        Suite 200
        Philadelphia PA 19107

Even simpler, just use Account Operators. This group can also manage computer accounts (by default).

> do installation on computers.

Ah, a different question. You want her to be a local admin! Simplest way is to create a GPO with a restricted group.