Rights to Join computer on domain and move to differnet OU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights to Join computer on domain and move to differnet OU

What rights do the user to need to join computer to domain?
    I tried to give user Add Computer and Delete Computer rights. User is able to join computer on a domain once in a while but most of the time he gets access denied error.

What right are requried to move Computer form Computer Container to different OU in AD?
    Attached Files

Re: Rights to Join computer on domain and move to differnet OU

For the user to join the domain or the computer?

You probably want to just join their computer to the domain yourself. Or delegate some other user this ability.

User is able to join computer on a domain once in a while but most of the time he gets access denied error.
    Is the dns of his PC pointing to your DC?

What right are requried to move Computer form Computer Container to different OU in AD?
    So you have created a computers OU as a subdirectory under a domain/client/branch office & you want another user to be able to move computers from the default computers container to this separate computers OU?

I gather you are delegating rights to this user. Probably Server Operator. Although the less the better, I would just move it myself.
    Last edited by m80arm; 6th September 2008, 16:34.

Comment

Re: Rights to Join computer on domain and move to differnet OU

I am looking for rights I need to delegate to a user who can join computer to a domain. By default when computer is joined to a domain , it's account is created in Computer container (which is created when AD is installed).
      What rights do I need to give to user so they can join computer to domain and move from Computer container to workstation OU which I have created. I tried to delegate add computer and delete computer rights but looks like I am missing something.

Comment

Working...
      X