Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Installing adminpak.msi

Cannot install adminpak.msi

I have a full copy of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

I installed Service Pack 1 correctly.

I can use Windows Update

When I go to install the adminpak.msi, which I downloaded from Microsoft's website, I receive this error message:

"Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack can only be installed on Windows XP Professional with QFE Q329357 applied, on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 or later, or on computers running Windows Server 2003 operating systems."

What should I do??

Have you tried using the adminpak.msi that comes on the Windows Server 2003 cd (cddrive:\i386\adminpak.msi)?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, I tried that.

Last night, I actually read that this is a known issue without a real solution.

Someone suggested using some tools like mciuu/msizap which will apparently clean up registry installation files....

Sounds kind of scary.

Comment

Re: Trouble Installing adminpak.msi

The fix for this is:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892409/

SYMPTOMS
        If you do not uninstall the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 version of Administration Tools Pack (AdminPak.msi) before you upgrade to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), AdminPak.msi is not uninstalled after you upgrade. If you try use Add or Remove Programs or run AdminPak.msi to uninstall AdminPak.msi, you receive the following error messages:

Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack can only be installed on Windows XP Professional with QFE Q329357 applied, on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 or later, or on computers running Windows Server 2003 operating systems.

Comment

Working...
        X