Hi, please answer my GPO's Q's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, please answer my GPO's Q's

I've set up w2k3 server and DC, when I change password settings for example at the local policy (gpedit.msc) it effects my entire policies so that users also need to obey those settings, I've change the default DC policy to other settings but still the gpedit rules
    I dont wanna change no-override or inheritance, just understand the principal

read some sites but couldnt fully understand

does gpupdate /force should be enough after changing user configuration or should he/she logoff and back on?

one more thing, site GP means local policy?

thanks

if im getting what you are saying then you should know that you can only set the password policy in one place... the default domain policy. This overrides all others (in fact all others don't work).

Plus you need to ask this question in the right place... this isn't the right area!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
      if im getting what you are saying then you should know that you can only set the password policy in one place... the default domain policy. This overrides all others (in fact all others don't work).

Plus you need to ask this question in the right place... this isn't the right area!
      10X, in the future I will search for the right forum to post

Comment

Working...
      X