how to set up file server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to set up file server

Hi, I got new project to run 3 servers. they are 1 web server, 2 database MySQL and 3 file server.
    The purpose is customer will upload their movie files. they will have to register the account in web server first. Then web server will link to file server to upload the movie.

So that I would like to know for file server, Which server should i use for that. windows or linux ? ftp or http ? and in the file server how can I control for user account?
    cos I am thinking to provide user name and password to customer to upload in the file server. there will be the new customer as well.

Is it possible to set up these flow. pls kindly advice and explain to me.

thanks
    Last edited by danielp; 29th August 2008, 18:13.

Re: how to set up file server

There's more to think about. Will these movies be free or for sale? Does the uploader own the copyright on the video or not?

Or is the copyright info irrelevant to you? If so, this step can be skipped, but other things come into play.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We just store in file server first, then one of the team will monitor and filter to upload in the web server. I also confuse for this. can I link from web interface to file server by normal file sharing? but I also want to restric them by user name and passord to upload , unless they will delete other customer files.

Comment

FTP vs HTTP depends on how adept the end user is. More info would be needed about the project / users / business model to recommend one over another.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

the project is job website with video resume. my part is to configure the network services. the user will login to web site first then link to file server to puload data.
          file server is temporary to save the video, then we will filter and then move in to database server and link from web server. is it possible to do? thank you

Comment

Working...
          X