No announcement yet.

web page

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web page

I followed a tutorial on setting up a web or intranet. Seemed straight forward; however, under network connections tcp/ip advanced I enter and a gateway 10.100.5. When I type in the URL i cannot connect to the web page. Also, I cannot ping What am I doing wrong. The ip address of the server is Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: web page

If server's IP Address is 152.X.X.X, why are you using 10.X.X.X addresses?
    Is this tutorial online somewhere? Can you post its link ?
    Please run on the server's command line ipconfig /all and post the result (don't forget to delete any information showing there that you do not want to be on the Net).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

I an installing an intranet. The server has an address of and I have assigned another IP address of Under web sites I have created a web site named "intranet" with an the address. I cannot ping the address. I know it must be a routing problem. I have a netware 6.5 server and I can bind the address and connect with with no problems. What do I need to do differently with the 2003 server? Many Thanks

P.S I can change the intranet ip address to and connect with no problems

Re: Intranet

Do you know anything about routing, subnetting etc?
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Re: web page

Please do not double post. Threads have been merged and two been ban applied for non compliance of forum rules

Michael Armstrong

MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **