No announcement yet.

Win2003 - Blank password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2003 - Blank password

I know this is a long shot but I thought someone might have a solution.

Basically I'm building a new AD infustructure for a client and need to have most of the work finished by tuesday.... no problem I thought that i would get the OS's built and VPN to complete the installs. Worked for all the servers except the soon to be mail box... I must have forgotten to add it to the domain and it has a blank password. I have tried everything to gain remote access to it all without luck.

So far I have tried all remote access tools I can think of.. remotely changing the password from the ctrl+alt+del openmanage etc. None work!!

Any ideas??? b much appreciated

Remote Desktop / Terminal Services will not work with an account with a blank password.

The only way around it is to edit the security or group policy and set, "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only" to "Disabled".

You should load the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack on another PC, connect to the server in question and set a password on the account.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **