No announcement yet.

IE6 Tools>Options>History

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 Tools>Options>History

I go often to IE6 Tools>Internet Options>Clear History and I clear. I have set the 'Days to keep pages in history' to "1". Say, 3 days later I want to visit a site again that had been cleared, as I begin to type, the IE6 offers to fill the Address line in with the complete address. Query: Why is this happening? I thought 48 hour old history had been cleared? heqoheleth

Make sure "DaysToKeep" is set to zero. You can delete this key, but IE will reset this key to the default setting of "14 days" Location is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Url History

There was also one more Regisrty Key that I found located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\History. I changed this value to zero as well because it was set to 2000 by default. After making the las change I noticed the drop down from the address bar had been completely removed (because after clearing the history there would still be a huge empty white space).

Let me know if this helped ^_^
    Brad Bentley