new active directory >>>help plz

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new active directory >>>help plz

hello everyone
    hope that u can help me on this
    i have an old Active Directory (2003) its running fine but not that much good in user and groups arranging
    so we decied to make a new Active Directory n a new Domain with a new Domain Controller ofcourse
    so what is the best way to do this without effecting on users and thier profiles, shared folders and permissions .
    i am thinking 2 make a new domain with a new name ofcourse and install a new active directory n a fresh win2003 then start adding the users with a new groups and ous arranging .
    then make trust relation between two domains (new one and old one)
    after that i will ask users 2 login with same user name and put thier same old passwords cuz i think this is help on sharing system they can reach them without any change even its a new domain but with same user name and passwords
    but i still warry about user profile and other issues
    sorry for my long story and bad english hope 2 finde any help from u people
    thanx n advance

Re: new active directory >>>help plz

You can quite easily move groups, create OUs, change names etc in AD so why not clean up the old one?

You have a few options but all of the ones that involve keeping data, logons profiles etc all involve migrating the old domain to the new domain which keeps your groups/users etc.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: new active directory >>>help plz

Do NOT double post.
      You have asked the same question here:
      Please read the forum rules!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **