Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logon problem windows 2000 server

lately we encountered a problem in few of th workstations in our office

for no reason after one of the workstation is turned off or restarted the alt+ctrl+del comes on

with the correct user name & the correct domain group when we write the correct password

it doesnt let us through saying : cannot logon & it gives several reasons like the server is down (which is not) or the password or user wrong ( which is not ) trying to re-enter brings the same

reboot brings the same the only way i found to by pass this problem is to unplug the Lan network cable from the workstation and while the cable is out i can log in with my reguler password n user to the same group though i cannot enter the files but after i logged on once i can than plug back the cable & everything works great till the next time i shut down the computer

any ideas ???

Re: logon problem windows 2000 server

Check the event logs on the machine and the DCs. Has the machine account been deleted or expired?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

already checked & i also changed a new password with never expire rule

one thing is starnge its only happens when that workstation is restarted or shut down

otherwise its working perfectly

Comment

Already checked and ? nothing there?
        Is there a firewall / av setup on the server? Have you checked your DNS records are correct, can you ping by name etc. Does DcDiag show all is ok with AD? Are all machines up to date with patches? If it works with the cable unplugged then it is using cached credentials to log on.
        Does it make any difference if you try taking one of the machines off and then back onto the domain?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

i will go n try all the checks once more n post it here

Comment

If there is no errors, try rejoining it to the domain again.
            What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

Working...
            X