Help! All Computers disappeared in the domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! All Computers disappeared in the domain

No computer, including the domain controller are listed in the domain (after browsing from Network Places\Entire Network\MS Network\Domain). Nbtstat -n only listed ComputerName <20> Unique registered. None of the typical DomainName <00> GROUP, DomainName <1C> GROUP, and DomainName <1E> GROUP were shown. Under WINS database, a guest's computer (VISITA HOME) was listed as Masterbrowser. Reboot of the this WINDOWS 2003 server did not solve my problem. All this happened after a power surge. I can't access resource in this domain and its trusting domain. No error message recorded under event viewer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Help! All Computers disappeared in the domain

Try this:

1. Remove the guest's computer records in WINS
    2. Make sure NetBIOS over TCP is enabled on the NIC properties of each client machine
    3. Run nbtstat -RR from a client machine and see if it repopulates WINS and My Network Places

It may take up to 45 minutes for My Network Places to repopulate

Comment

Joe, thank you for the reply!
      I romoved the Guest Computer in WINS, rebooted the DC and now the DomainName Normal Group is bound to a client's IP address. Several laptops (WinXP) now show as workstation and fileserver but with the double screen icon (group) instead. Still no computer (including DC) are listed in Network Places/Domain. On the domain controller server, nbtstat -n still only list the unique computer registered entry. Any other idea?

Comment

Let me clarify that the emtpy domain and nbtstat -n single list issues only occur on the domain controller server. Other domain workstation can browse the domain members and access domain resources.

Comment

Now the trusting domain (resouces domain, NT) is listing both the Windows 2003 domain name and the DC computer as groups in the Miscrosoft Windows Network, and not accessible with error message "The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available ". How could all the mess come about?

Comment

With netdiag, I found these errors:
            NetBT transports test. . . . . . . : Failed
            [FATAL] No NetBt transports are configured.
            [WARNING] You don't have a single interface with the <00> 'WorkStation Service', <03> 'Messenger Service', <20> 'WINS' names defined.

DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Passed
            PASS - All the DNS entries for DC are registered on DNS server '192.168.0.8'.

Redir and Browser test . . . . . . : Failed
            [FATAL] The redir isn't bound to any NetBt transports.
            [FATAL] The browser isn't bound to any NetBt transports.
            [FATAL] Cannot send mailslot message to '\\BIOTECHMOFA*\MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON' via redir. [ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED]
            How do I configure the NetBt Transports?

Comment

After updating the NIC card with a newer driver, the transport itself configured and the local windows 2003 domain is listed and browsable. However, the NT based resource domain is not visible under Network Places in spite of successful UNC share access to the resource domain. The NT WINS and WIN 2003 WINS were replicating with each other and nbtstat -s/S showed that they are connected.
              WIN 2003 domain is listed and browsable in the NT domain.

What is preventing the NT domain to be shown on network browsing on computers of WIN 2003 domain ?

Comment

Working...
              X