Problem with offline folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with offline folders

I have a windows 2000 server, and XP clients.
    on the server, I have a folder with files and subfolders.

from a client computer, I configured the folder and all subfolders to be available offline.
    I have a shortcut th the offline folder on the desktop, and when i open it, i see all the files but without the folders.
    i.e. - I see all the files from the subfolders, but not in the subfolders.

how can I configue the offline folder to show me the files sorted in their folders.

TNX
    Yoav

I think that this is a "feature", not a problem. If you want to see the folders structure use the mapped drive icon in My Computer or Windows Explorer, not the shortcut on the desktop.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thnaks D.
      I've done it, but when i take my laptop home, and want to work on those offline files, I still get the "all files in the root" stracture.

Is there a patch/work around that i can try?

Yoav

Comment

I don't think there is. But you still can use the mapped drive letter and drill down to see the files, no?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yep, but not if i'm offline.

Thanks Anyway.

Comment

Make sure you login using your normal domain username and password when you are offline - you should see the files in their correct folders in the appropriate share.

Comment

How will i see the files in the shared folder on the server if i'm offline, and not connected?

Comment

Yoav,

I't either you don't understand us, or we don't understand you. What's the big problem?

I'm really pissed off by people who have the time to ask questions, but don't have time to test the answers or even the basic facts for themselves. How hard is it for you to just try it for yourself?

Here, I, with my limited time and tight schedule, did screen captures especially for you. It took me 5 minutes to do the screen captures and post the answer. It could have taken you far less than that.

Note that the screenshot order is from bottom to top, I don't have time to re-arrange them.
                Attached Files
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                X