how to remove dns service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove dns service

I have a server that was a domain controller and DNS server.
    DC role was removed without any issues.
    How to remove DNS. I guess it should be in Add/remove--Windows components.
    The issue is that forward and reverse zones are empty and I have another DC for this gole.

Thanks.
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: how to remove dns service

If you're removing it then it really doesn't matter if the zones are empty. Do the zones look correct on your "real" DC?

Comment

I can find out how to uninstall it.
      In add/remove .... win components no DNS service.
      How I can uninstall DNS?
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

FOUND!

This is not the task that we doing everyday....

But just in case if somebody will need to do it...

Removing the DNS server role

If you need to reconfigure your server for a different role, you can remove existing server roles. If you remove the DNS server role from this server you should configure the TCP/IP settings of this server, and any clients using this server as their DNS server, with the IP address of a different DNS server.
        To remove the DNS server role, restart the Configure Your Server Wizard by doing either of the following:
        •From Manage Your Server, click Add or remove a role. By default, Manage Your Server starts automatically when you log on. To open Manage Your Server, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Manage Your Server.
        •To open the Configure Your Server Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Configure Your Server Wizard.
        On the Server Role page, click DNS server, and then click Next. On the Role Removal Confirmation page, review the items listed under Summary, select the Remove the DNS server role check box, and then click Next. After you click Next, the Configuring Components page of the Windows Components Wizard appears, and then closes automatically. You cannot click Back or Next on this page. On the DNS Server Role Removed page, click Finish.

Comment

Working...
        X