Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event ID: 32 - How to disable write caching on the disk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID: 32 - How to disable write caching on the disk?

Hi

I'm currently in the process of replacing my old DC with Exchange (both 2k3) and setting new server. From the begining I had warning messages in System log viewer with Event ID: 32 "The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur." I have 3 x SAS drives used with Dell PERC5/i SCSI Adapter and created as RAID-5 disc array. I have tried to disable write caching on the disk through Policies on Dell PERC5/i SCSI Disk Device Properties but this setting come back to its orginal configuration when opening the Properies tab again. Is there any chance to change this settings through Registry? I had tried to set registry values of CacheIsPowerProtected and UserWriteCacheSetting to 0 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\S CSI\Disk&Ven_DELL&Prod_PERC_5/i&Rev_1.03\8&2dd13d9c&0&010000\Device Parameters\Disk but this doesn't work (write caching on the disk in Dell PERC5/i SCSI Disk Device Properties is still checked) so I assumed that those registry values are wrong.
    Thank you for any help

bialy_rb
Working...
X