Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java

Hi there,
    well I have a big problem because of running Java on my client machines, which are connected to a Domain.

The problem is, when a user connects to a Website which is using java the applets are not loaded and the page is not beeing display'd... If I'm logging in as Administrator, everything works well and all applets are loading currectly... Also not giving the client user Admin rights seems not to work.

Now I'm searching maybe which rights needs to be given for the user accounts on the client machines, to let them run any java applets?

Client:
    Windows XP Pro
    Domain Users
    Restricted Internet Access only a few Sites allowed.

Server
    Windows 2000 Server

best regards
    s!

Which java virtual machine have you got installed? Is it Microsoft's or Sun's?

Try installing the latest Sun one. It works for non-admins for us.

Hope this helps
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

re

I'm using the latest Sun Engine...

Comment

Are you using a proxy server?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

re

No Proxy...
          I'm really curious about it, how to solve it, its much important don't know what makes it not work

But it must have something to do, with the user account and or policy because logging in on the client machine as Administrator works and so the applets do... Well but giving the User Admin Rights wouldn't be a good idea

Hm because of restricted ineternet access you assumed a proxy? Just made because of importing IE Settings (Filters) to the Client account which just allowing a few sites...

Comment

Re: re

Originally posted by stOrM!
            Hm because of restricted ineternet access you assumed a proxy?
            No it is a suggestion on the Sun site. Sorry im out of ideas!
            Server 2000 MCP

Comment

re

me too but anyway thank you for the time you spent...

Comment

Hey no problem Storm, hopefully you will come up with the goods when i have a problem!
                Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Try applying some basic problem diagnosis.

What is the client operating system? Under WHAT account did you install the JVM? Local or network? User or Admin?

Under what conditions does the JVM work on the client machine? Local admin account, or network? Local user, or network user?

When researching any problem, consider it to be a complete unknown issue, and take it back to as fundamental an approach as you can, and then list why it does not work, and what does, and be methodical.

Check the above thoughts, and get back to me.

Shiva.

Comment

We had problems with Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) too.
                    A version of Sun JRE was pre-installed on our computers. But that didn't work at all. There was only a logon-screen every time when JAVA was needed, no results.

Even when I assigned a new version to all users, still the same thing happend. Untill I manualy uninstalled de previous version. Afterthat problems were solved.

RemS

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

back

Well back to shiva

Ok I installed Sun as Admin (Network login) on XP Pro Mchines which are connected to a Win 2000 Domain...

Like I say, when Logged in as Administrator / Network no problem unless a user logged in he can't run java then... Kinda endless loop the site does not load...

Maybe like suggested I will deinstall anything and reinstall it again will see what happend then?!

best regards
                      s!

Comment

Here is what I would do, Storm. I would logon to that box as the network user, and then do the install. Does the install complete with no errors? Does the JVM work then?

If you still have problems, uninstall the JVM, and logon to that box locally, with a USER account, and redo the install, and tell me if that works.

What I'm looking for, are the circumstances around WHY the JVM works as admin of a network. Clearly it's a rights/permissions problem, but it does not need to be. This is simply a client side problem that should not require such permissions, so that's the angle that we'll approach this on.

Let me know.

Shiva.

Comment

Working...
                        X