No announcement yet.

Time Error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Error

i have a problem with time .... the servers are not the same time ,,,and this make a trouble in replication ...

do u have any idea that can help to standered the time for the all servers ...

Member servers should use the DC as the time server unless you've altered the default config.

Are you seeing errors in event viewer related to synchronizing time?

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

as u can see ..there is replication problem ... i searched out the internet and found that becuase of time they servers can not replicated ...

Server1 DC Handeling FMSO
      Server2 DC

This is the eventlog ....

Event Type: Warning
      Event Source: NtFrs
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 13508
      Date: 3/15/2005
      Time: 10:27:15 AM
      User: N/A
      Computer: Server1
      The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from Server2 to Server1 for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name FRS will keep retrying.
      Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name from this computer.
      [2] FRS is not running on
      [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.
      0000: ba 06 00 00 º...

Finally ...i solved the problem ... i specify the server as ntp server ...and then i configer the other servers manualy ... but for the clients ...

is there a group poilcy that i can apply for all the machains to take the same time as the Server X ....

i user win 2000 AD and XP sp2 clients ...

I have no Windows 2000 servers so I don't know about the GP in 2K, but if there isn't one you can add the following line to your logon script.

net time \\servername /set /yes
          Departed: 23rd December 2015

Thanx ..but this code used for windows NT ,95 and 98 ..

For 2000 ,2003 and XP

we should use net time \\servername /set /y

only the last part is diffrent ...

Thanx again ...