Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to use a VPN. Suggestions

Originally posted by GrantThomas View Post
    I wouldnt go with the basic RDP port like the others said. You also dont need a site-site router either. Just turn on RRAS on your server and setup a PPTP VPN. I will post some links to help you.

Howto Change RDP port: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306759

VPN: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323415

I too would like to use vpn. We here have a sonicwall pro 200 and its no longer being supported by sonicwall. But we do have 10 global licenses. How can I set this up so I could remote connect into my work computer from home? Is this possible without touching the server?

Re: RDC security

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
    I too would like to use vpn. We here have a sonicwall pro 200 and its no longer being supported by sonicwall. But we do have 10 global licenses. How can I set this up so I could remote connect into my work computer from home? Is this possible without touching the server?
    I would go with www.logmein.com its free and encrypted. or go with site-site with your sonicwall.
    Last edited by GrantThomas; 16th July 2008, 18:41.
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

I would go with www.logmein.com its free and encrypted. or go with site-site with your sonicwall.

Don't mind if I'm asking what is site-site?

Comment

Don't mind if I'm asking what is site-site?
        In simpliest terms, it is where you allow a tunnel between two or more sites to the internal LAN.

OFFICE 1-----------Internal LAN-------------OFFICE2

In your case you could use you house as one of the OFFICE'S.

Since it can cause some confusing and complexity of keys I think you may be better off installing www.logmein.com on your workstation.
        What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

In simpliest terms, it is where you allow a tunnel between two or more sites to the internal LAN.

OFFICE 1-----------Internal LAN-------------OFFICE2

In your case you could use you house as one of the OFFICE'S.

Since it can cause some confusing and complexity of keys I think you may be better off installing www.logmein.com on your workstation.

Thank you for the explanation. I just ask the VP and he wants to use the firewall because the company spent money on it and why not utilize what we have. If anyone knows how to setup a vpn on the sonicwall pro 200 firewall that'll be great. or a link that shows how to do it that'll be great as well.

Comment

Okay, this was a major hijacking. This should really be in a new thread, no? Mods, can this be done?
            Last edited by Nonapeptide; 16th July 2008, 19:33.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              Okay, this was a major hijacking. This should really be in a new thread, no? Mods, can this be done?
              Sorry about that I didn't realize. I'll start a new thread.

Once again sorry.

Comment

You don't need to start a new thread.
                I've requested to split your posts.
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: I would like to use a VPN. Suggestions

Why dont you use RRAS like I did? I didn't touch my firewall at all and just setup RRAS on the server. That way any user can connect with his/her domain credentials.

Comment

Working...
                  X