Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding 32 bit server as additional domain controller

Dear All,

I want to make my 32 bit server as aditional domain controller of 64 bit domain controller is it possible. If any has solution pleset give me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

HARI

Re: adding 32 bit server as additional domain controller

There's nothing additional needed to configure. The only time you need additional setups is when your introducing newer Domain Controllers to an older network.
    If your using Windows 2003 32Bit and are moving to Windows 2008 64Bit (and currently have no other Windows 2008 DC's) then you will need to update the current network schemea. This would be the same though if you are introducing a 32 or 64bit DC. This update is also only done once.
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Thanks friend for giving me so instant answer. Hope we will meet again

Comment

Harry - if you're adding 2003 x64 to a 2003 domain which currently has only 32 bit DCs, you don't need to make any changes at all - x64/x86 presents the same interface to the world - it's purely an internal thing to an individual server. You only need to update the schema if you're introducing DCs with a different OS, like 2003 R2 or 2008.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
        X