No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsus

Hai we are implementing WSUS in our site

i dont know about the server side configuration, i was not allowed too, but on the client side i have implemented all the changes. my clients are all windows xp sp2.

i have added the necessary registry entried and the WSUS server IP and installed necessary windows update agents and enabled automatic updates services and BITS services

the this is that when iam in admin login i have the yellow color automatic popup icon is appearing in the task bar icon after executing the wuauclt.exe /detectnow cmd and i can able to install it and restarrt the PC

when i am in the user login i no longer gets the aotumatic update popup icon in the task bar. i have waited for 1 whole day and many times run the wuauclt.exe /detectnow cmd, but of no use. on the other hand if i login to admin immediately i am getting the pop up icon.
    but that should no be the case as the the updates should be downloaded and installed int he background and the user should get the popup for restarting the PC, that is how our WSUS setting was

Pls help me

Re: Wsus

Since you do not have access to the server, you will need to get your network administrator to look at the WSUS group policy settings -- there is an option to notify non-admin users rather than the silent install
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Wsus

Kindly tell me procedure for getting the automatic update notification for non admin users, though i dont have access to server i will ask them to enable this option