This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K Advanced Install Problem

Hello. A pal of mine gave me a copy of Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Note: Its a copy of the disk, not original. I cannot boot onto the CD, and I wonder if I need to create the boot disks? I'm lost!

Due to the complexities involved with the boot sector on the CD, I suggest you contact Microsoft for a fix. Because Windows 2000 Advanced Server hasn't reached its end of shelf life, Microsoft will be more than happy to assist you with this problem.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yea, about that. Eh, well, you see its sort of an pirated copy.

Comment

Originally posted by MSFT
        Yea, about that. Eh, well, you see its sort of an pirated copy.
        Tut tut! Please don't discuss pirated/illeagal software here. You will get the message board into trouble.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Go buy a real version of the software and the disc will be bootable. Also, your friend needs to learn how to burn cds. When making a legal backup of your legit version of Windows the disc will remain bootable if done correctly.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X