Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUS 3 on Symantec EndPoint Protection Server 11

Hi ,

I've a AntiVirus Server i.e. Symantec EndPoint Protection Server 11 and I am planning to install WSUS 3 on that Server.

My concern is, Is it advisable to install WSUS 3 on a Anti Virus Server?

Server Specs:

Os : Win 2003 R2 SP2 STD ( Dell Power Edge with Intel Xeon quad core Processor and 4GB RAM )

Regards,
    Santosh

Re: WSUS 3 on Symantec EndPoint Protection Server 11

I can't see any problems with it.
    From the performance prospective it looks like your hardware might be able to handle it fine.
    I suppose both those applications are going to use SQL databases to store their data. If that's the case try to install their databases in different Disks if possible to avoid any I/O bottlenecks.

Ta
    Last edited by L4ndy; 4th July 2008, 12:57.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I 'll proceed as you advised.

Regards,
      Santosh

Comment

don't...! Symantec is still working about , wsus and Endpoint are using the same IIS site and port , if you don' t use a custom web site during the installatation , the virtual site wssus with "content" will be replaced , and wsus down. (the desinstallation don't work in this case. I m still looking a solution ...

Comment

Originally posted by l ohlsson View Post
          don't...! Symantec is still working about , wsus and Endpoint are using the same IIS site and port , if you don' t use a custom web site during the installatation , the virtual site wssus with "content" will be replaced , and wsus down. (the desinstallation don't work in this case. I m still looking a solution ...
          Symantec doesn't mention anything regarding any issues on this whitepaper: http://www.symantec.com/business/sup...tices_v3.0.pdf
          WSUS 3.0 (and even 2.0 i think) creates a website in IIS for Admin purposes that listens in TCP port 8530 or 80, (so you have got a choice there)
          Plus you can acess the managment console through MMC.
          Now as far as the Selfupdate service is concerned check this link to see if it sorts the problem out: http://msmvps.com/blogs/athif/pages/67954.aspx
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X