Printers Drivers Rollback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers Drivers Rollback

Is there away to rollback a printer to preview driver ?
    I have about 300 printers queues that was upgrade to news drivers and cause a lot of problems.
    Now we wish to rollback all these queues to the old drivers.

I found ths utility on Microsoft web site :PrintMig3.exe.

If I delete the newest drivers, can this rollback it back to the old drivers

ThanK you lot
    MCSE 2003

Re: Printers Drivers Rollback

Never had to do this in a situation when the printer is live with queues sitting there. I think you will have to clear the queue anyways. But what I think you can try is goto the printer that is has the problem:

right click>properties>advanced

Hit new driver>find the old driver it was using or d/l the old driver again.

Thats the only thing that I can think of to try, not sure what it will do on the queues though.
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

The printer drivers and the print queues are independent of each other, assuming you are talking about the directory where print jobs spool. The print migration utility is for moving printers and drivers from one server to another and will be of no use to you in this situation. I would recommend downloading a previous version of the driver and simply reinstalling it for the affected printers.

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies:
        In server properties , drivers tab , there is option "button" reinstall if i do that , it will fix the problem.
        MCSE 2003

Comment

I beleive that will reinstall the current driver (which is the one you are trying to replace). I would again recommend downloading a previous version driver and installing it.

Comment

Working...
          X