Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to have RADIUS/IAS assign from uniqe IP pool

Hi,
    I'm setting up wireless in a school environment, where the routers are all pointing to a single '03 server for both RADIUS authentication, as well as DHCP with MAC filtering. I managed to get that up and running, however, now I'm a little stuck.

I was wondering if there was any to set different users (i.e. students) to receive an IP from different scope as the teachers (i.e. 192.168.1.x vs. 192.168.2.x) so as to protect the teachers computer's shares from being viewed by the students.

Thanks in advance!

Re: how to have RADIUS/IAS assign from uniqe IP pool

Originally posted by morpher99 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm setting up wireless in a school environment, where the routers are all pointing to a single '03 server for both RADIUS authentication, as well as DHCP with MAC filtering. I managed to get that up and running, however, now I'm a little stuck.

I was wondering if there was any to set different users (i.e. students) to receive an IP from different scope as the teachers (i.e. 192.168.1.x vs. 192.168.2.x) so as to protect the teachers computer's shares from being viewed by the students.

Thanks in advance!
    You could make sure your students can't access the teachers shares by using security options on the share, make sure only the 'teachers' group can access the share for example.

Are these computers part of a domain?

Comment

Re: how to have RADIUS/IAS assign from uniqe IP pool

Originally posted by jacko101 View Post
      You could make sure your students can't access the teachers shares by using security options on the share, make sure only the 'teachers' group can access the share for example.

Are these computers part of a domain?
      Some of the teachers' are, none of the students'. I already have it setup as such (EDIT: i.e. all shared are only accessible to those with the proper security setting), however, I wanted to go a little farther, and also assign their IP from a different scope. It just makes more sense in my environment. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X