Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! W2k3 Server doesn't start anymore!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! W2k3 Server doesn't start anymore!

Hi,

i have a bib problem with our Active Directory Server. Yesterday i got the message after i logged in, that there is a problem with the Grafic Card Driver and i should do a reboot. OK today i just did this reboot and after that the server doesn't show the start screen anymore it is just black screen no messages and after 5 sec. the system restart on his own again. Over and over again. HDDs are all right i checkted it allready. What is wrong with the Server. All 150 User Account are there. All Files and so on. When i dont get the system ready again, is there a possibility to save the Active Directory and move those files to anaother computer or like this. Sorry when i ask like this. I know its not so easy but in this situation....

Hope someone can help.

Change the graphics card ..

Comment

Graphic Card.

Originally posted by asterix
      Change the graphics card ..
      i did that allready, no change. And also when i take the HDD and put it in another PC, the same probleem. Even the Recovery Console is not working. When i try to login the system starts at his own again. trough another system i have access to the HDD.

What can i do? which files can i change?

Comment

Boot into safe mode. If you can't do that, you have a hardware problem because in safe mode you get only the default VGA driver.

Comment

What happens when you go into the recovery console? Does safe mode work?
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Server Prob.

Originally posted by tonyyeb
            What happens when you go into the recovery console? Does safe mode work?

Hey Guys,

Safe mode is not working, same problem. Recovery is also not working. same problem that i get just a black screen a than a restart.

Now i get also the message that:

load needed dlls for kernel

how can i fix that?

At least how can i save and recover the Active Directory? That is my greatest concern.

Comment

Like I said, you have a hardware problem. If you suspect the graphics card, change it.

Comment

Have you tried changing the graphics card as suggested?
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Server Prob.

Hi,

to change the graphic card was the first thing what i did, but it didn't work, same error.

now i get also:

needed dlls for kernel

error message!

What else can i do?

Comment

Do you have System State backup ?

Looks like the file system has either bacome corrupt or you are missing some files on the system partition.
                    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6200/rh6252.htm
                    Guy Teverovsky
                    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Server Prob.

Originally posted by Guy (Antid0t)
                      Do you have System State backup ?

Looks like the file system has either bacome corrupt or you are missing some files on the system partition.
                      http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6200/rh6252.htm
                      Hi Guys,

i tell you what i did. I made the risk and choose the repair installation.
                      bevor i did that i took a Ghost image of the drives for safety. Than i did the repair installation. this instalation looks like a normal new installation. The only thing what apeared was the message that the Terminal Server Licence server not can be configred. Than the server startet again and everything was there. AD without losts. Thanks God for that.

only two things what was not ok:

1. TSE LIC Server should maybe new aktivated or komplete new install.
                      2. The DHCP Creditials must be enter again.

now everything works.

CU

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting your solution. That is really appreciated.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                        X