No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 Server Image Backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Server Image Backup

Hi, first of all and being my first post on this forum, i want to say hi to everyone...

now my question is...

i've got a w2003Server, and i want to make a image of this O.S. so if the system crash (like a problem in a disk) in few minutes i can bring on the Server

how can i do this... ?

Re: Windows 2003 Server Image Backup

acronis, ghost, g4u... make a pick
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:56.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

I would use Acronis. i have used this before for servers and works great. Create an Acronis bootable CD and create the image from there. Don't do it within the server OS.

I can recommend Acronis as well. Save the image to a network share somewhere for faster recovery. Just remember you'll have to make frequent images for them to be of any use and also remember this is not a replacement for a regular backup stratergy

Michael Armstrong
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Windows 2003 Server Image Backup

So I need to make an image from another computer of the server? I do we go about getting an image of the server while it is running? It can not copy everything can it?
          Using Acronis, what are the steps for imaging the server?
          What version of Acronis can do this with server 2003? I have True image server V9.1

Now restoring. Is it a bootable image that copies onto the server? What is the resotre process? I've got Arcronis and it isn't very clear what to install.
          I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
          Chris Robertson
          The Computer Doctor