No announcement yet.

Certificate deployment

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate deployment

I would like to deploy personal certificates to serveral users. These are all password protected certificates from suppliers (and created by the supplier) used for access to websites or applications.

I already found a way to deploy a certificate using a vbscript with the capicom.dll and the cstore.vbs file and used this for an organisation wide certificate (not personal). I attached this script to a GPO and attached it to the user accounts.

At this moment i have a doubt about how to deploying the serveral personal certifiactes.

- Windows Server 2003
    - Windows XP Pro SP2
    - Personal certificates all .pfx files containing full name (e.g. JohnSmit_1234.pfx)
    - Per user a passwords used for certificates

At the moment i have the following options in mind:

Deploy the certificates fully with scripts use 1 GPO.
    Then i need to read a file with the certificate file names and passwords and install the certificates based on the logged on user.

Deploy the certificates using a GPO for each user.
    This is the same i do for the organisation wide certificate and easy to realize. It's only a lot work to create a GPO for each user and also a lot work to manage certificate changes en updates for each user.

I prefer option 1 to create a script for this, but is this the best way? Are there other better solutions? Is it possible to do this when installing a CA server?

Any suggestions and advise is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Re: Certificate deployment

Anyone a suggestion?

Kind regards,