Can not access the share?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not access the share?

I have a user called Juliantest. The user is in the AD group "gShr_CLA-SRV_IT_Test_Change". This group has Change rights to the folder "G:\Shared\IT\Test" on server CLA-SRV. "G:\Shared\" is a root in our DFS.

The user can not access the share. If I place the user directly in the folder's security properties, the user CAN access the share.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The server is Win2K3 SP2. Note that I have put in both the global & local groups in the folder's security properties as a test. The global group is a member of the local group.

PS. I ran the Effective Permissions for this user and the results came out looking as expected.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JDMils; 12th June 2008, 05:48.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Can not access the share?

is the root being shared? if so do you have share permissions set for special groups? It could be denying access because of the share permissions.
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

Has the user logged on after being added to the group?

Comment

Thanks guys. Strangely, the problem has fixed itself. After 24 hours, the user is suddenly able to logon to the share with no changes made by us!?
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
        |

Comment

Just curious, did you add the user to a group?

If so, the user will have to be logged out and logged back into pick up the new security token to get the access for his new group.
          MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
          X