remote desktop user group can't see ad domain users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote desktop user group can't see ad domain users

I have added a second window 2003 server to the domain of a DC in order to use terminal services. I have not ran dcpromo as I was told not to run TS on a DC. The problem I am having is I can't add the domain users (or see them to add them) to the remote desktop user group.
    The new server is logged into the domain as administrator.
    Do I need to add each user again to this server or how can I get it to see the AD users?

Re: remote desktop user group can't see ad domain users

well as long as you joined the server to the domain it shouldnt have any issues adding any users, the only thing I could think that may be wrong would be that the location is set different.

Goto local users/groups and go into groups then select Remote Desktop users after you hit add make sure the LOCATION is set on you domain and not the local computer. If it is on the local computer hit LOCATIONS and change it to the domain. then it should work
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

A DC doesn't have local groups...

Comment

Yeah I know that but the problem you are missing there is that the Terminal Server he wants to add the group isnt a DC its a member server.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. It seems to take forever (15-20 mins after a reboot) to be able to see domain users when I try to add them to the user group. During this time the only location available is the local server. After waiting a long while, the domain eventually becomes available. Also, from a domain users computer, this member server is unavailable (its shares can't be accessed) and I can only log into it with RDP as administrator. After 15 or so mins I can login with RDP as a user to this server.

Comment

is the server taking its IP from DHCP or is it static? If it using DHCP please make it static and you have the correct DNS. Also Make sure DNS isnt enabled on that member server either.

If that fails, try rejoining it to the domain.

Comment

It is static and its DNS is pointing to the DC. I will try to rejoin the domain.

Comment

Working...
              X