Issue with remote desktop connection printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with remote desktop connection printing

Hi everybody, i have one, realy nervous issue. Our company branch connecting to main server by Remote Desktop Connection, and work with accounting program. But when they want to print blanks or smth else from server, printer does not print. Stange, but in user computer, printer and faxes shows that document are in the printing documents list, and status is printing, but nothing happends. Yesterday and in other days everything work fine, problems begin only today.
    In remote control file .RDP I have checked that from local resources connect and printers to the server. Checked Firewall and Network adapter settings but I couldn't solve the problem. Mabye you know the answer.

P.S. in event log->System was few errors with number 11111, mabye it helps for you, but what i found in internet it didn't help.

Good luck.

Re: Issue with remote desktop connection printing

What is the printer make & model. I know some Lexmark models can be configured to NOT print blank pages.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      What is the printer make & model. I know some Lexmark models can be configured to NOT print blank pages.
      Printer is HP 1018.

Comment

I have had trouble with those HP 10xx series printers because of the drivers being junk, in one case with a 1022 I updated the drivers and chose the HP 6L the thing works great all day long now. Also I have heard with those with the default drivers turn it down to 600dpi instead of the fast res 1200 and you will have better luck.

How is it setup? are you allowing the host to share local printer to remote then printing back that way?

Maybe you could share the printer then add it to the remote in a more traditional workgroup fashion, so that RDP is not trying to manage the printing?

I try to avoid the check box to have the local machine host to the remote and use all ethernet enabled network printers at my remote sites. I have to spend a little bit more on the intial purchase or add a jet direct but it working good for me.

Comment

Working...
        X