Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a windows server 2003 issue or IE issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a windows server 2003 issue or IE issue?

Hi,

I am setting up a server 2003 standard edition and of course with all the budget issues my form don't have the money (bull) for training. So I need your help.

When I am browsing the Internet while I am logged to server 2003 ST Ed I receive a security risk and have to add the site to the trusted zone. I checked the IE installed on the server and lowered the security setting to the lowest on for testing and I am still need to add the sites to the trusted site. Is that windows server 2003 or IE?

Kind Regards
    Avi

Re: Is it a windows server 2003 issue or IE issue?

Have a read of this:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537180.aspx
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I always just remove it from Add/Remove programs

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

For me it probably depends where the server is, but of course we all follow best practice and never browse websites from servers anyway
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

hi to you all,

to: AndyJG247 : thank you for the information I am going to read about it all.
          As to browsing the internet from a server - YES I only do it when I am in the server room and it has to be for a good reason. But this is a test server and I want to learn as much as I can.

Thank you all
          Avi

Comment

Working...
          X