Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcefully logout

Hi ,

We are using SBS 2000 , and Windows 2003 Server . We are having 250 Users in windows 2003 .Active directory implemented on both the servers. Now sometimes at the backup time some users are logged in always ..so i need to make them force fully logged out ...so how can i accomplish this task in windows 2000 server as well in windows 2003 server...

please help

kathty

Re: Forcefully logout

Originally posted by kathy View Post
    Hi ,

We are using SBS 2000 , and Windows 2003 Server . We are having 250 Users in windows 2003 .Active directory implemented on both the servers. Now sometimes at the backup time some users are logged in always ..so i need to make them force fully logged out ...so how can i accomplish this task in windows 2000 server as well in windows 2003 server...

please help

kathty
    Manually, use ShutGui tool to shutdown the remote computer

automaticly, write an script that checks for live clients and then sends an shutgui to the live clients.

Comment

Also you can have a look at the properties of the user and configure their logon hours.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I'm a tad bit confused about the scenario. What do you mean exactly when you say that users are logged in to the servers?

Are they using remote desktop for terminal services? Or do they just have files open on the server that need to be closed? If this is the case, it would seem that forcefully shutting down the remote computers would be something of a "scorched earth policy" that might not endear you to your users. (shutdown.exe at the command line can do this with the /f and /t switch)

Or do you mean that the client machines (Vista, XP, 2000K, etc.) need to be backed up but have users that are logged in that need to be logged out?
        Last edited by Nonapeptide; 1st June 2008, 02:13.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Also, when are you backing up, and how are you backing up?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How about...

http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true
            Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[ View Post
              This is the best thing to do, running the shutdown command isnt because it seems to not close out the APPS correctly

I would make this policy go in effect when the backup starts and go out when the backup ends avg time of course.
              What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

Working...
              X