User can not log on locally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User can not log on locally

I am a new administrator to Server 2003 and am having an issue logging into windows using any user except my Administrator account.

The error message is:
    "Your local policy prevents you from logging on interactively."

In another thread on this forum I finally found the direct cause of this problem, using secpol.msc I see that only "Administrators, Account Operators, Server Operators, Print Operators, Backup Operators" have the log on locally user right assignment. This would explain the issue I am having but now the new problem is simply the fact that I cant seem to add users to the list allowed to logon locally!! The box to 'Add Users or Groups' is greyed out even though I am logged in as administrator.

Re: User can not log on locally

Why would you want to log on with a User Account? Is the server a member of a domain, and is it therefore getting Group Policies? What is the server's role? As much info as you can think of please...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

If your the new administrator for the domain why not add your user account to the "Domain Admins" group? This will give you the correct permissions to login to servers.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[ View Post
        If your the new administrator for the domain why not add your user account to the "Domain Admins" group? This will give you the correct permissions to login to servers.
        Not good practise, you should always use your own user ID as non-admin.

Comment

Working...
        X