Outlook 2007 on Windows Server 2000?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 on Windows Server 2000?

Is it possible to install outlook 2007 on windows 2000 server with service packs?

Your help much appreciated

Thanks
    Veday

Re: Outlook 2007 on Windows Server 2000?

From the horses mouth:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

the answer appears to be XP SP1 or 2003 SP1 or later
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

So by installing 2003 sp1 , basically i am converting my 2000 server to 2003? what can be the effects on the existing system? Any ideas??????

Thanks

Comment

We need more info; for a start we need to know why you're running Outlook (a Client product) on a server. Unless this is a Terminal Server it's not a good idea.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by veday001 View Post
          So by installing 2003 sp1 , basically i am converting my 2000 server to 2003? what can be the effects on the existing system? Any ideas??????
          Thanks
          Just to confirm, you cannot install Windows 2003 SP1 onto a Windows 2000 machine. Ossian was stating the minimum operating system therefore it seems Microsoft do not support Outlook 2007 on Windows 2000.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X