Home Directory Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Directory Problem

I am having an intermittent problem that I am lost on. I have a few users that at times will tell me that any folders in the home drive are missing. I am using an iSCSI storage system that has a Windows 2003 server for the front end. When the clients login (Windows XP clients) to AD, a home drive is mapped and a group policy object redirects My Documents to their home drive. When this happens, the only thing left in the home drive are normal files, any folders are gone. When I sit at the server and use a file recovery program, there is no sign of the folders unlike when a person deletes them. I have the server and clients updated and patched. The network connection between the server and clent is 1 gig.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try next?

Re: Home Directory Problem

Is Offline Files enabled? If it is and they haven't synced and they go into Offline mode it can appear anywhere from empty to just a few files.

Comment

Re: Home Directory Problem

Thanks for the suggestion but we are not using off line files. The problem doesn't seem to be connection related, other network services work fine.

Comment

Working...
      X