No announcement yet.

Workstation on internat!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workstation on internat!

I have a little problem,
    I have server2003 R2, Server is DHCP, DNS, Active directory...

My idea is to conect with "miro" notebook on the internet , so that i can monitor on server2003 what is hapening on the internet, to control viruses and firewall over the server2003, so that in the future i can connect other notebook on the server and to share printer and stuff...

But now i have problem....i connect on server 2003 on ADSL ( Broadband ) and it is working...i can check e-mail and other.....BUT...... when i trying to connect on "miro" notebook i just can't go to internet, nothing happnes. I Shear internet connection on server2003 but still same problem...

Can you please help me about it , How to make MIRO to connect on the internet?

Here is a picture so i hope you will understand what is my problem....

I'm sorry on my bad english, if you dont understand something, i will try to explane more...

Re: Workstation on internat!

I always put a dedicated router between my ISP and my network. Benefit over using W2K3 as that router is total cost of ownership AND the inability to attack a weak link (Microsoft) exposed to the Internet.

In your case, I think you need to check out "Routing and Remote Access" in Google.

An older document on the topic:

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.