Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import changes to schema - ADSIEdit

Hi,
    I've been working on setting up many to one replication for a client using DoubleTake with Exchange and can now get it to fail any server over with a fairly manual process. It works pretty well but I would like to get it to work a bit smoother if possible. My method, although unsupported, means I have to edit the schema config container to show the new paths to the stores etc.
    Like the regedit import ability is there any way of importing changes I want into the schema so I can therefore include them in my failover batch files etc?

I have googled around and maybe I need to use ldifde and ldf files?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: Import changes to schema - ADSIEdit

We also use DT and have had no problems. What is it that you think should work "smoother".

Comment

"many to one" or "one to one"? DTAM works brilliantly for "one to one" but because "many to one" has to replicate the data to a separate location then it can't bring the stores up unless the locations are changed.
      I just wanted to, if possible, change the entries for the target as part of a batch that can be run through the failover control centre. HGope I explained it well enough!
      cheers
      Andy

Comment

OK. We use it only for "one-to-one" replication and failover. In that case, I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this.

Comment

No probs, DT don't and won't support it but it does work albeit quite manual so far.
          thanks
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X