Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking Websites in at DNS 2003

Hello,

I tried and researched and still, I cannot seem to block or point a certain website to another. For example, I would like to block www.website.com to www.google.com.

Any help Welcome and thank you.

How is your internet configured? This is a bit of a (excuse the phrase) but arse about face way of blocking web sites. Plus if a user finds out the IP address they can bypass your DNS totally. Have you tried something like Websense (www.websense.com)? This works inconjunction with most major firewalls and has a large database of blocked sites.

What sort of budget do you have to filter internet content?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Budget is slim. I don't think users would be proactive in typing in the IP address.

How can this be accomplished at a Windows Level on a DNS/DHCP server.

On a Netware 6.5 server, it allows to block websites and redirect them to our home page. We have a 2003 at another location and need to block those same sites.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Create a new forward lookup zone, for example "petri.co.il" then create a CName in that zone called "www" or "*" to catch all sub domains then point the CName back to your site's A Record (or to any FQDN you might want).

i.e.

www.petri.com -> blah.com
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X