Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing an open shared file in command line.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing an open shared file in command line.

Hello,
    I need your help.
    I have a shared file that i need to close when my users are living it open evry day and because of that the file is locked.
    I need to write a command line that will close this open file.
    how can i do it & in what command coud i use.

Re: Closing an open shared file in command line.

Have you checked out Sysinternals and FileMon? Replaced by ProcessMonitor.

Either should help you ID the owner process for a locked file via a GUI. From a CMD line / file may be tough.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

openfiles /disconnect

openfiles is built into xp and 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Meekrobe View Post
        openfiles /disconnect

openfiles is built into xp and 2003.
        Thanks for that
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X