W32tm Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W32tm Issue

Okay, we changed our roles to another server. So now the clients look for this new server as the time server. They all seem to sync okay with the new local time server, but there is an issue with the time server trying to find the time on another domain controller.

I have done a lot of research on this and tried a chaging some reg keys, but it still errors out with the w32tm event:

"The Windows Time Service was not able to find a Domain Controller. A time and date update was not possible."

We just need this server to do local time if possible and make sure its setup right and would like some good insight on this. thanks
    What do I know, I am only 26.

Re: W32tm Issue

The first DC in a domain/forest is the authorative time server for that domain/forest. When you move your FSMO roles to a new DC the time server role is not one of them, you have too do that manually. I don't have the exact steps so a quick search at www.google.com/microsft should turn up the answer.

Comment

I found this doc by Nathan Winters of BLateral.
      Attached Files
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

lost my thread, I actually just went ahead and set the NTPSERVER to outside time source and changed the TYPE to NTP and all went well after that. I hadnt messed with the time server too much before, but it worked like a champ and I looked at the monitor on other workstations and servers and everything looked to sync okay!

That document looks good I will save that in my records thanks.
        What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

No probs, it is the one I use
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X