Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active and Inactive Time of Users in Windows 2003 Domain

Hi Pals,
    We have a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition in our Network as Domain controller. we have 25 Client systems connected to it (Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000Pro as client OS) and the active directory consists 30 Users.

We don't have any OU or Groups configured in Active Directory.
    If anybody help me in, how to log the Active and Inactive time of Users logged on to the Domain, using Active Directory or Group policy or Scripts or any other Method possible.
    it will be great get to suggestions.
    thanks,
    Regards,
    Kriish
    sigpic

Re: Active and Inactive Time of Users in Windows 2003 Domain

Active / InActive - do you mean their log on and log off times?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi AndyJG247,

Yes, the log on and log off time of users.
      Sorry for the long delay in Reply.

Kindly help in this issue.

Thanks,
      kriish
      sigpic

Comment

The logon / Logoff times of users are stored within your security log (right click My computer > manage > event viewer > security log).

personally i find trying to find the correct info in here is a pain in the ass so instead i use "Manage Engine Desktop Central", this gives me an easy way to keep track of the times and a nice weekly report lay out for the boss's.

however i do know of people having created scripts that auto keeps track of the info for them, so there are a few diff ways of keeping track of this data.

Comment

Hi,
          I have tried Mange engine Desktop central. It provides the recent log on time not the first log on time. Currently i am using DameWare to retrieve the event log from individual systems and collecting the data manually by filtering the appropriate Event ID. If anyone knows the script for getting the particulr Event ID help me.
          regards,
          kriish
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X